NOTE: We are continually updating our features- and have some new features that are not included in this eBook yet. You can find a full list of features here.
We announced iText 7 at the Great Indian Developer Summit in Bangalore on April 26, 2016. We released the first version of iText 7 in May. This tutorial is the first manual on how to use iText 7. It’s not the ultimate resource the way “iText in Action” was for iText2 and “iText in Action – Second Edition” for iText5. It’s called a Jump-Start Tutorial because it gives you a quick overview of the basic iText functionality, limited to PDF creation and manipulation. This allows new iText users to discover what’s possible, whereas seasoned iText users will spot what’s different compared to iText5.
iText 7 brings:
a complete revision of all main classes and interfaces to make them more logical for users on one hand, while keeping them compatible with iText 5 as much as possible on the other hand,
a completely new layout module, which surpasses the abilities of the iText 5
ColumnTextobject, and enables generation of complex PDF layouts,
a complete rewrite of the font classes, enabling advanced typography.
It’s our intention to release a series of separate tutorials zooming in on the different aspects of iText 7 in more detail, such as an in-depth overview of the high-level objects, an adapted “ABC of PDF” handbook, a manual dedicated to AcroForms and nothing but AcroForms. We’ll also need tutorials for functionality that isn’t covered in this Jump-Start Tutorial, such as digital signature technology and text extraction.
Follow @iText on Twitter to be kept up-to-date for new releases of tutorial videos and documentation.
- Before we start: installing iText 7 | .NET
- Chapter 1: Introducing basic building blocks | .NET
- Chapter 2: Adding low-level content | .NET
- Chapter 3: Using renderers and event handlers | .NET
- Chapter 4: Making a PDF interactive | .NET
- Chapter 5: Manipulating an existing PDF document | .NET
- Chapter 6: Reusing existing PDF documents | .NET
- Chapter 7: Creating PDF/UA and PDF/A documents | .NET
- Examples for the iText 7 jump-start tutorial | .NET