Release date: October 22, 2020
The iText Core 7.1.13 release is the fourth quarterly release for 2020 of our innovative PDF library.
This Core release brings initial support for
<symbol> in SVG, which benefits both Core, and pdfHTML 3.0.2. As we've mentioned previously, we continue to work on increasing support for SVG since it is an important topic for us.
Improvements have been made to the way
MemoryLimitsAwareHandler works, and we've also made important changes regarding how word-wrapping is handled in the context of languages that use special scripts, such as Thai, Khmer, Lao, and Myanmar.
Besides that, we investigated and fixed a potential vulnerability in the way iText used to parse XMP metadata which affects both Core and the license library, improved the PDF merging so that it does not ignore OCG dictionaries anymore, and added two new Image filters (DCT and JPXDecode).
As for the rest of the changes, expect the typical assortment of performance improvements and convenience additions.
We also want to note and thank DinoAGW for bringing up the resizing of the background-image issue in his Pull Request and StackOverflow question relating to pdfHTML (special thanks also to mkl), which contributed to us making improvements to Core and pdfHTML for this release.
As always, we try to synchronize the release with some of our other add-ons, so besides Core, be sure to also check out:
iText 7 Suite Releases
Release Related Examples
- pdf2Data: Grouping of extracted values in XML
- pdfCalligraph: Support for Myanmar script
- pdfHTML: Added full background support
- pdfHTML: Custom ResourceRetriever
- pdfHTML: Support for the CSS object-fit Property
- pdfRender: BufferedImage as output format
- Support for a symbol element in SVG
- Support of proper word wrapping in languages with special scripts
|iText 7 Core – 7.1.13 (Java)
|iText 7 Core – 7.1.13 (.NET)
- Support DCT filter for image bytes decoding
- Support JPXDecode filter for image bytes decoding
- SVG: support symbol element
- Wordwrapping: support proper processing of preceding inlineBlock or ImageRenderer
- PDF/A: page transparency check
- PDF/A: "Implementation limits" requirement check
- Refactor MemoryLimitsAwareHandler
- Merging keeps OCG dictionary
- Handling of the PDF document with outlines which don't have correct Parent entry
- TrueTypeFont with standard base font is not parsed from PDF correctly
- NPE on empty letter spacing declaration
- Potential security vulnerability in XMP Metadata parsing
- Best iText 7 Questions on StackOverflow
- iText 7: Building Blocks
- iText 7: Jump-Start Tutorial for .NET
- iText 7: Jump-Start Tutorial for Java
Examples (latest ones)
- How to use a Digital Signing Service (DSS) such as GlobalSign, with iText
- Using iText and AWS KMS to digitally sign a PDF document: Part 1
- Using iText and AWS KMS to digitally sign a PDF document: Part 5
- Using iText and AWS KMS to digitally sign a PDF document: Part 4
- Using iText and AWS KMS to digitally sign a PDF document: Part 3