Release date: January 11, 2022
iText Core 7.2.1 is the latest release of your favorite PDF library for Java and .NET (and more!), and the first scheduled maintenance release for iText 7.2. It brings further improvements for SVG conversion, supporting default values for the
d attribute of the
path tag and improving PDF output, which in previous versions could be rendered incorrectly by some PDF viewers, such as Safari and View (macOS), and Documents (iOS). Please see the release-related examples to get a full insight into these changes, and as usual, pdfHTML also benefits from any SVG handling changes..
As for PDF merging functionality, we should note more intelligent outline handling, which is no longer as strict and can fix some syntax mistakes in the Outlines hierarchy. For instance, absence of the parent attribute which is mandatory in the PDF specification is not an issue anymore.
We'd also like to thank the iText community for its contributions, specifically; realityone, with a really important and impactful fix for incompatibility with PDF standards in our codebase and kohler, whose PR helped us a lot in our efforts to process PDF outlines better. We are happy to see that after 21 years there is still so much interest in improving the iText library.
You can also expect other changes such as a number of bug fixes, plus some significant improvements to the codebase. we've provided some examples below to give you more insight and demonstrate use cases.
As always, we try to synchronize the release with those of our iText 7 add-ons. So, besides Core, be sure to also check out:
iText 7 Suite Releases
Release Related Examples
- SVG: Support default value for <path> 'd" attribute
- Process Outlines using explicit hierarchy
- support of copying empty tags
- Outlines structure parsing: infinite loop while merging with outlines
- SVG. Support of q/Q Operators inside BT/ET text block/object
- Set PubKeySecurityHandler output stream with DER encoding format
- OcgPropertiesCopier: StackOverflowError when merging documents with OCGs if a resource has cycle reference
- Best iText 7 Questions on StackOverflow
- iText 7: Building Blocks
- iText 7: Jump-Start Tutorial for .NET
- iText 7: Jump-Start Tutorial for Java
Examples (latest ones)
FAQ (latest ones)