Release date: April 14, 2021
iText Core 7.1.15 is the second quarterly release for 2021 of our multifunctional PDF SDK.
We've started preparations for the release of our next major version (7.2) so in this release:
- all deprecated methods of the layout module API have been removed.
- support of the .NET 4.0 framework was dropped in favor of 4.5.
- Bouncy Castle's version was updated to 1.68.
In addition this release brings many important changes to iText 7. While many of these changes relate to the flexbox support that we've added to pdfHTML 3.0.4, there are also an number of substantial changes which explicitly affect iText 7 Core behavior. They may not be immediately obvious, but are still significant and involved a great deal of effort from our team:
- support forType3 fonts with non-standard glyph names. Please see the example linked below for more details.
- improved performance of the layout module for better processing of extremely large block elements and correct rendering of a table's cells. This can lead to significantly lower memory usage in certain situations, see the pdfHTML example linked below for more information.
- increased SVG support. Now iText is able to correctly process SVG paths with missing L/l operators, as per the "moveto" command specification.
- clearer error messages for many cases.
Last but not least; huge amounts of kudos to borislucas-dev, trumpetinc, and dajoropo for their efforts in making iText even better. Thank you for all your pull requests; we feel extremely proud to still have so many active contributors, even after 21(!) years existence as an open-source product.
As always, we try to synchronize the release with those of our iText 7 add-ons. So, besides Core, be sure to also check out:
iText 7 Suite Releases
We are releasing version 3.1.4 of our auxiliary license libraries (both
licensekey-volume) and introduced a new structure for license files that becomes the main for all iText licenses. You still can use keys in the old format, while all new keys will be issued in the new format.
We continue to extend and simplify the volume reporting policy. Remote reporting will become mandatory soon, see the Volume Counter FAQs for more information.
Release Related Examples
- removing deprecated methods from the layout module.
- drop .NET Framework 4.0 support in favor of 4.5
- SVG: added support for M/m operators followed by a pair of coordinates
- support for Type3 fonts with non-standard glyph names
- support justify-content and align-items
- better PDF/A Conformance exception text
- ignore invalid catalog version on document load
- Iimprove exception message when removing a page from a document with invalid outlines
- BouncyCastle version has been updated from 1.67 to 1.68 for Java
- null check for Dictionaries' keys in .NET
- layout: cells with percent width change column width after overflow
- add null check for producer string
- Best iText 7 Questions on StackOverflow
- iText 7: Building Blocks
- iText 7: Jump-Start Tutorial for .NET
- iText 7: Jump-Start Tutorial for Java
Examples (latest ones)
FAQ (latest ones)