Release date: January 14, 2021
iText Core 7.1.14 is the latest release of your favorite PDF library for Java and .NET, and the first quarterly release for 2021.
We've continued to further increase the support for SVG, since as noted in previous releases this is an important topic for us.
The new release brings support for the
<pattern> element which benefits both Core, and pdfHTML 3.0.3. This element is used to define a graphics object which can be "tiled" to cover an area. In addition, we also added the support of font-relative units for SVG and fixed the stroke-width processing within
We've also made improvements to our Acroform support: the missing fields border styles as Beveled, Underline and Inset are now available in iText Core.
A few changes have been made to OpenType Font (OTF) processing which are especially important in the context of Japanese, Chinese and Korean languages. Previously
OpenTypeFontTableReader.getLanguageRecord() only allowed fetching the default language system for a given script, which was not sufficient for CJK regional variant substitution. Now, it's possible to fetch OTF language records by tag.
For the rest of the changes, check out the Changelog for more details. But you can expect the typical assortment of performance improvements and convenience additions.
As usual, we've provided some examples below to give you more insight and demonstrate use cases.
Note: Java 7 and .NET Standard 1.6 support was deprecated as of the 7.1.13 release, and so from this release, we’re targeting Java 8 and NET Standard 2.0. For more information about what this means for developers, please see the linked articles.
As always, we try to synchronize the release with some of our other add-ons, so besides Core, be sure to also check out:
iText 7 Suite Releases
Release Related Examples
- SVG: Support <pattern> element
- Support of form fields border styles (Beveled, Underline and Inset)
- SVG: add support of font-relative units for the font-size property in a text element
- Allow OTF language records to be fetched by tag
- Support word-wrap and word-break properties
- Expand colored background on the overflowed part of span
- SVG stroke-width doesn't work in <use> tags
- Signed short number overflows in readCoverageFormat()
- Page-break-inside: avoid not being taken into account for floating DIVs
- Best iText 7 Questions on StackOverflow
- iText 7: Building Blocks
- iText 7: Jump-Start Tutorial for .NET
- iText 7: Jump-Start Tutorial for Java
Examples (latest ones)
FAQ (latest ones)