How to install pdfOCR .NET version
Thank you for your interest in our OCR add-on - pdfOCR, we hope you will enjoy using our product and share your experiences with us and the iText community. We will walk you through the installation process, from downloading iText 7 pdfOCR to adding the dependency to your .NET build tool.
If you require any extra help please have a look at our FAQs or the community discussion at StackOverflow. If you are interested in getting support from our in-house developers and/or a license key for commercial iText products, you will need to acquire a commercial license.
Before you install
- If you want to use pdfOCR for non-commercial purposes, make sure you have read and agreed upon the AGPL license. All downloads we offer open-source come with the AGPL license model.
- If you want to use pdfOCR for commercial purposes, make sure you have purchased a commercial license of iText 7 Core and pdfOCR. All downloads we offer closed-source come with our commercial license model.
- For closed-source pdfOCR installation , download and install the proper license key library, you can find the installation guide here (you will need at least version 3.1.1 of the library).
- Install iText 7 Core or Community, you can find the installation guide here.
- Important remark: in the installation guide we use NuGet as a build tool for .NET.
- You will need Tesseract's training data, which you can get here.
Using the Central Repository
iText 7 pdfOCR is available via Nuget. Simply add iText 7 pdfOCR by typing the following command in the NuGet Package manager:
Using the iText Artifactory Server
iText 7 pdfOCR NuGet packages are also available on the iText Artifactory server. You can add it as a custom NuGet repository to Visual Studio. In the NuGet Package Manager, go to the settings and add the following URL as a package source: https://repo.itextsupport.com/api/nuget/nuget. You can also browse the iText Artifactory server and download NuGet packages manually.
iText 7 pdfOCR .NET on GitHub
The source code is available on GitHub.
You can download the modules (.nupkg) of iText 7 pdfOCR in a single ZIP file for the .NET Version.