What is the iText DITO Editor?
The iText DITO Editor is a browser application that is built to create and design templates. Templates are blueprints of PDF documents (output) or web forms (input). They are stored in a Project. Projects can contain:
- Templates, both input and output;
- Resources that can be used across multiple templates, such as images and fonts.
Templates typically contain both static and dynamic content.
- Static content is content that will be printed on every document that is generated based on this template;
- Dynamic content is variable content. Typically dynamic content is defined by a data binding, a conditional statement or a formula. You can insert content placeholders in your templates that hold these dynamic content elements. Depending on the data that is merged with the template, the placeholders will be populated at the time of document generation.
With the iText DITO Editor you can insert both static and dynamic content into your templates and forms, and design the look and feel of the resulting forms and documents.
Opening the iText DITO Editor
You can open the iText DITO Editor in a supported web browser window via either one of these URLs:
- A custom URL provided by your iText DITO administrator
- https://dito.online/ (for trial purposes)
The application opens on the start screen.
The start screen provides different ways to get started with the application:
- Create a new template:
- Create a new, blank output template;
- Create a new, blank input template;
- Open an existing template:
- Open an existing project;
- Open one of the example templates.
The various template examples on the start screen can inspire you to create your own templates. Each of the examples provides insight into a different set of features:
|Input + Output
There is a guided learning experience, which is also accessible from the start screen. To open the interactive tutorial, click Help > Start tutorial.